Monday, March 19, 2007

Cruise control won't work on 1998 Chevy Cavalier: No codes




Question:

This is my grandma's car and she complained to me that the cc (cruise control) suddenly won't work after making a long highway trip. I checked for codes but could not get one. A friend mechanic advised me to replace the CC module or control unit but my sister has a similar car and I substituted her part to this car. This did not work either and I am running out of hair trying to figure this out. Suggestion?

ATS Adviser:

Before you get deeper on this problem, try checking the 2 rear brake lights for proper operation. A lot of times, a broken brake bulb can kill your cc and all you do is to check the bulb socket or the bulb itself. If they are OK, check the 3rd brake light too in your rear windshield. If these don't fix this, let me know so I can send you the complete wiring diagram of the cc circuit so you can check the ground and power supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home