Sunday, March 18, 2007

Battery goes dead if left after 5 days on 2001 Nissan Pathfinder: No codes




Question:

Why would my battery goes dead if I leave it parked for 4-5 days? There is no code when I had it scanned at a local parts store and I also replaced the battery. Also, on the 3rd day, I can hear the starter laboring before the engine starts. This only started happening after my son installed an aftermarket remote starter 1 month ago. Please help.

ATS Adviser:

It's good you mentioned the aftermarket remote starter because there are lots of problem going on with them these days. It is recommended that when installing a remote starter that you get it from the dealer and they can even hook it up correctly. If the wiring connections are not right, it can create a battery drain causing your symptoms. To check, disconnect this aftermarket remote starter wiring connection and monitor your starting system again. If this problem stops, then that is the culprit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home